What are the Festival dates and times?
The Baroque on Beaver Festival is ten days long, spanning the last weekend of July through the first weekend of August. The dates for 2017 are July 28 through August 6.
When will the Festival concert schedule be announced?
Information about programs and artists are posted on the Baroque on Beaver website and Facebook pages.
How may I purchase tickets for the Baroque on Beaver Festival?
With the exception of benefit concerts, admission to Festival programs is open to the general public without charge and a free-will offering is gratefully appreciated and accepted at all events. Tickets to benefit programs may be purchased from the BI Community Center: Phone 231-448-2022 or E-mail email@example.com
Who runs the Festival?
The Baroque on Beaver Festival is the signature event of the Beaver Island Cultural Arts Association. The Baroque on Beaver website has more information about BICAA and the organizers: Phone 888-511-5189 or E-mail Info@BaroqueOnBeaver.org
Anything I need to know about bringing my kids?
Yes, children age 5 and older are welcome to attend music programs.
How can I become an individual supporter or volunteer?
Support from individuals help address the immediate and future needs of the Festival. There are numerous ways that you can support the Baroque on Beaver Music Festival.
1. Make a gift: By supporting Baroque on Beaver you help sustain a unique music festival. Baroque on Beaver supports the Island economy, enriches Island life, and provides Island residents and visitors with a unique musical experience. You can make a donation on this website by clicking on the “Donate” button found at the top of every page. We process donations through Paypal. However, you do not have to have a Paypal account to contribute. We accept all major credit cards. If you need assistance, please contact: Info@BaroqueOnBeaver.Org or call 888-511-5189.
2. Pledge your time: Baroque on Beaver offers a number of programs, activities, and opportunities that individuals may participate in depending on their areas of interest. For example, volunteers may work at events, host musicians and artists in their homes, participate in special fundraising activities, serve on the Board, or assist in developing print and electronic communications. Contact: Info@BaroqueOnBeaver.Org or call 888-511-5189.
3. Contribute without donating money: Amazon has introduced a program called AmazonSmile, which will automatically donate 0.5% of your purchases to a charity, such as the Beaver Island Cultural Arts Association, if you so select. It costs you (and BICAA) nothing, and it’s just like shopping on Amazon normally. Items that are eligible for the donations will be marked as such on their product pages. Unfortunately, Subscribe-and-Save purchases and renewals don’t count. The only real catch is you have to start your shopping at smile.amazon.com (which means you have to update your bookmark if you want to do this), and shopping from the Amazon apps, Kindle, or through affiliate links won’t count. Make sure you select Beaver Island Cultural Arts as your charitable organization. Here is our direct link https://smile.amazon.com/ch/30-0349542
How can a company or organization support Baroque on Beaver?
1. Become a Sponsor: Business sponsorships are available as marketing, advertising and/or public relations vehicles. For more information on Corporate Sponsorships, please contact: Info@BaroqueOnBeaver.Org or call 888-511-5189.
2. Become an Advertiser: For information on placing an advertisement in the festival program please contact: Info@BaroqueOnBeaver.Org or call 888-511-5189.
How do I get to Beaver Island?
Visitors to Beaver Island either travel by plane or boat. Frequent and convenient air and ferry service originates from Charlevoix, Michigan. For specific transportation information and a map, visit our Travel Page.
Where can I stay on Beaver Island?
Visitors lodging choices include a selection of motels, hotels, B&B, cottages and summer homes. For specific transportation information visit our Travel Page.
Where can I eat on Beaver Island?
No one starves or goes thirsty on Beaver Island. Find out about your choices of places to eat on our Travel Page.
What is there to do and see while visiting Beaver Island?
Cultural and recreational options abound on Beaver Island, providing residents and visitors alike with variety leisure activities to choose from. Look for innovative programs and events for families and individuals; historical sites; museums, and excursions, as well as land and water recreation opportunities. Visit the Beaver Island Chamber of Commerce site http://www.beaverisland.org for more details.
Where can I find additional information about Beaver Island?
For information about Beaver Island see:
- Beaver Beacon- http://www.beaverbeacon.com/
- Northern Islander- http://www.northernislandernews.com
- Beaver Island Boat Company – http://www.bibco.com/
- Beaver Island Chamber of Commerce- http://www.beaverisland.org/
- Charlevoix Area Chamber of Commerce – http://business.charlevoix.org/events/calendar
Does Baroque on Beaver Festival provide a printed program?
Yes, programs are distrusted free of charge at each concert and during the ten day festival. The printed program serves as the official guide to the festival and contains in-depth information about all B-On-B events, program notes to accompany classical concerts, and additional information about B-on-B activities. The publication also serves as a souvenir for festival attendees.
Can I bring my camera or video recorder?
Photography and video recordings are prohibited during concerts.
Where can I find out more about the venues
The Beaver Island Chamber of Commerce website is a good place to start
Are venues accessible for people with disabilities?
Yes, all venues are handicap accessible. For special needs please contact: Info@BaroqueOnBeaver.Org or call 888-511-5189.
Are restrooms available in all venues?
All venues have facilities.
Are drinking fountains available?
Patrons are advised to bring bottled water to events.