A TRUE ISLAND EXPERIENCE
Enjoy a wonderful summer adventure–a cruise on Lake Michigan; a guided tour of the remotest island settlement in Lake Michigan; and spend time listening to music that suits a variety of interests in a charming island setting. A highlight of your visit will be attending the 15th Annual Baroque on Beaver Festival of Classical Music, one of “Up-North’s” unique treasures. Your day trip package includes a lunch, as well as time to explore the historic harbor district.
If you’re looking for an island adventure in a succinct, affordable format, this is the trip for you.
- Round trip passage aboard a BIBCO Ferry from Charlevoix to Beaver Island and back. For a great overview of the Northern part of the Island., we recommend booking a morning van tour, which is 1 ½ hours, featuring historic commentary, photo ops, and main points of interest.
- Map, Visitors Guide, and Festival Program
- Reserved seating at a Baroque in Beaver Festival performance
- Boxed snack for your return trip
Your adventure will begin at the ferry dock in Charlevoix, where you’ll pick up your Ferry/Festival Packet and board your BIBCO ferry. Upon arriving on America’s Emerald Island you will be met by a music festival representative and, if you elected to book the tour, your van driver. Also, you will receive a walking map of the harbor district, island visitors guide, and printed music festival program. If you have elected to take a van tour, you’ll take in island scenery while having a guided tour on the history of the Island that was once declared a kingdom. Van tours will return to the harbor district and drop passengers off at a local eatery where lunch awaits.
If you elected to explore the harbor district in lieu of a tour, the ferry terminal is the ideal spot to continue your adventure. Stroll the charming harbor area, and browse our eclectic shops. If history intrigues you, Beaver Island’s rich and storied past is quite enthralling. A visit to the BI Historial Museum and the Marine Museum provide a rare insight into the Island’s heyday. After shopping, you’ll be ready to grab a bit of lunch.
For your afternoon adventure, you will have reserved front row seating at the Baroque on Beaver Festival of Classical Music. In addition to having a great seat, you have the opportunity to experience one of the best chamber orchestras in Michigan, with professional musicians and top-line soloists.
Trips depart Charlevoix at 8:30am, please arrive by 7:30am to allow time to pick up your tickets. You will depart Beaver Island at 5:20pm, and arrive back in Charlevoix around 7:30pm. Please note that BIBCO sailings are punctual.
Ferry/Festival Day Trip Package Dates & Scheduled Performance*:
- Saturday July 30th @ 2pm, Beaver Island Community School —“An Orchestral Rainbow” —A colorful and interactive program for kids of all ages —includes children petting zoo (instrument) very suitable for families;
- Sunday July 31st @ 2:00pm, St. James Episcopal Mission —“Musica Camera, Camera Sacra” —Chamber music with the Beaver Island String Quartet, Emerald Isle Woodwind Quintet, Beaver Island Brass Quintet;
- Wednesday August 3rd @ 2:00pm, BI Christian Church, “Vocally Yours” —A vocal recital with the Fourth Coast Ensemble and Festival Chorus;
- Thursday August 4th @ 2:00pm, Holy Cross Catholic Church“Metallurgy” —The Beaver Island Brass Quintet plays Bach, Copland, and Arnold;
- Sunday August 7th @ 2:00pm, “A Grand Beethoven Finale” —With the Festival Chorus, Orchestra, and May Phang, piano. Overture, “Egmont”; Symphony No. 7; Choral Fantasy.
*For the complete Baroque on Beaver Festival schedule, see: http://baroqueonbeaver.org/
- $99.00: Round Trip Ferry, 1 1/2 Hour Tour of Island, Lunch at Dalwhinnie,Reserved Seat at Concert, and Snack for Return Trip to Charlevoix.
- $79.00: Round Trip Ferry, Lunch at Dalwhinnie, Reserved Seat at Concert, and Snack for Return Trip to Charlevoix.
- Reservations may be made online through the BIBCO website or by phone at 1-888-446-4095. Space is limited. Advanced registration is strongly suggested.
Health and Safety
- All Baroque on Beaver Festival venues are handicapped accessible. No lengthy, strenuous walking is involved, but participants should be aware that the ferry dock, festival venues and shops are all within easy walking distances. Please contact the Beaver Island Boat Company if you have any special needs. The Emerald Isle is equipped with a service elevator.
- Ferry/Festival fees will be refunded for cancellations made at least 30 days before the trip date, less a $10 administrative fee. Cancellations less than 30 days but more than 14 days before the departure date will be credited at 50%. Cancellations made within 14 days of the trip date will result in forfeiture of the entire Ferry/Festival fee.